8 Last-Minute DIY Funny Halloween Costume Ideas
Top Ten Halloween Income Streams
1. Selling Halloween costumes: This requires some investment and patience, as it won’t pay off until next fall, but you can make a decent living this way.
Seasonal stores like Spirit Halloween and Halloween Express usually set up in an empty store around September 1st and sell a ton of Halloween items between that date and October 31st. But the day after Halloween, they lower their prices by 50% or more to clean up the merchandise. A few days later they close and send all the costumes, decorations, and accessories to a warehouse to wait for the next Halloween season… but you can show up there on November 1st and buy these goods at very low prices and then wait until next September to sell them on Amazon, eBay or Craigslist. Grocery stores and department stores often offer even greater discounts. A tip: Stick to the classics: vampires, ghosts, demons, etc. Don’t buy anything current, i.e., anything that has to do with popular TV or movie characters, or anything that is a passing fad (think of all those “Jersey Shore” suits languishing in the stores somewhere), because next year it might be nothing and it might not sell anymore. Alternatively, if you have sewing skills, you could make or renovate, sell or rent or offer to make alterations to the suits – there are obviously many possibilities here!
2. Creating Halloween clothing: It doesn’t take much design skill to create a fun or catchy slogan or graphic for a T-shirt, hat, hoodie, or baby clothes. Use Paint or Photoshop software to create your design and sell it online at Café Press. Your designs can also be used on mugs, bags, and other accessories.
3. Sell your pumpkin-carving skills: If you have some artistic talent and a set of pumpkin-carving tools, it’s a fun way to earn extra money. Invent some unique flashlight designs, spit them out, and photograph them to create your “catalog. You can also buy space at a flea market and display your goods. And if you’re really ambitious, you can roast and season the pumpkin seeds and sell them.
4. Be a Halloween Makeup Artist: Again, if you know how to use makeup or paint, you can make a lot of money with Halloween makeup or temporary tattoos. If you are serious about it, create your “repertoire” and photograph it, then create a simple website where you can showcase your work to attract customers. Or you could set up a kiosk at a fall festival or Halloween event and do basic face painting for kids. You can even buy makeup, brushes, and supplies at a discount if you retire after October 31.
5. Planning the Halloween party: You can throw a “Done-For-You” party or sell a “Party in a Box”. If you want to plan a hands-on party, provide the decorations, Halloween appetizers, spooky entertainment, and spooky sounds and music. If you want to have a “Party in a Box”, you can sell a package that includes stationery, recipes, decorations, a CD with music and spooky sounds, and everything you need for a fantastic Halloween party.
6. Sell your services as a Halloween decorator: If you have a gift for Christmas decoration, you can get busy people to hire you to decorate their homes or stores. Again, you can pick up most of the decorations after Halloween at the clearance sale and resell them at full price.
7. Making bags for Halloween treatments: You can make bags of candy that people can give away to trick-or-treaters on Halloween night or at Halloween parties. Just pick up small toys, pencils, stickers, temporary tattoos, etc. from online sites like http://www.orientaltrading.com and wrap them up in cute Halloween-themed bags. You can also get super deals on these items after the holidays from grocery stores, dollar gift shops, and department stores and save them for next year. If you want to buy candy, you can buy it in big bags (Costco is a good source), but you can also offer the option of bags without candy for those who prefer not to give out candy. Needless to say, candy is not among the things you should buy now to save for next year.
If you like to cook or bake, you can also make Halloween-themed candy and/or baked goods and sell them in your neighborhood or at local stores. Be sure to find out what permits are required in your area to sell homemade food.
8. Making Halloween props: If you like crafts, there are many plans online for do-it-yourself projects on Halloween. You can make your own creations and put them on sale on Craigslist, eBay, or at local events.
9. Create a Halloween Affiliate Website: Become an affiliate for the online Halloween business and earn a small commission for every person who clicks and makes a purchase on your website.
10. Sell a Halloween ebook: This is quite simple and can be changed in a short time. Collect your favorite scary recipes, format them attractively, and sell your ebook on eBay or Craigslist. Or if you format it for the Kindle, you can sell it on Amazon. Or even the old-fashioned way, print it out and sell it at a flea market.
Article source: http://EzineArticles.com/8787839
This year Halloween is going to be really funny with these silly DIY costume ideas. From a simple stick man design to a censored Sims body blurriness. And you won’t need to spend much time on these creative last minute spooky fashion hacks!
If you enjoyed this video you might also like: https://youtu.be/Z5I0qXGQ0-g
0:04 Join The Halloween Party
1:23 Wear a Watermelon Dress
3:00 Get Naked as a Sims Character
6:22 Cereal Killer on The Loose!
7:29 Draw Yourself a Stickman
9:26 Pop like a BubbleGum
11:14 Let’s Play Ms. Pac-Man
13:02 Be Strong as “We Can Do It” Poster
15:42 Become a Grape
Top Crafty Panda Playlists:
DIY Clothes & Other Fashion Hacks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTe8ay5VRVE&list=PL_hNADyE5fYAKpOcDFeW1kEg1LjIw9yl5
Home Decor DIY Ideas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8j3hIWU3Ns&list=PL_hNADyE5fYC3t6UBrvikJc_A2XtPS8Ui
School Hacks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if7LI5T-p9U&list=PL_hNADyE5fYDQgsxox4wZLft0F-zaAXLp
Subscribe to Crafty Panda channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC03R…
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/craftypanda
Visit the Bored Panda website: https://www.boredpanda.com
Visit Bored Panda Store: https://shop.boredpanda.com
Download Crafty Panda Animated Stickers: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bored…
Love the music used in this video? We find our music on EpidemicSound: https://bit.ly/2JcUlBa
For sponsored content contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
#DIY #Halloween #CostumeIdeas