DIY Dollar Tree Halloween Decor
Producing sweet corn from polymer clay is quite simple, and is an excellent project for almost any age group. These little polymer clay corn kernels are so cute and are great for all kinds of decorations and other things. You could use them to decorate things like frames, magnets, candles, or even add them to scrapbooking sites.
List of offers:
– Polymer clay (yellow, orange, white). I usually use the Sculpey brand.
– Clear acrylic sealant (optional)
1. Heat each color of the clay, roll it up and knead it until it feels soft. Now spread each color until it is 1/4″ thick. Now press the three rolls together, with white on top, orange in the middle, and yellow on the bottom.
Look for a thin, sharp edge, like a thin piece of cardboard, to cut the clay. Cut diagonally through the clay with the white at the top. Try to make triangular pieces, with the white at the small end and the yellow at the wider bottom.
3. to give them a more finished look, smooth and rounded at the edges. Now the sweet corn is ready. Before baking them, decide if you want to leave them as a simple piece of sweet corn or turn them into buttons, earrings, or maybe a necklace pendant.
4. To make buttons, simply punch two holes in the middle of the orange clay. Now the buttons are ready to burn. To make earrings, you will need eye needles and earring hooks. Stick the eye needles directly from the top of the candy corn. Then press the clay around the needle to make it stick. Now the earrings are ready to be baked. To finish your earrings, attach the earring hooks. You may have to use needle-nosed pliers to do this. To make a pendant, insert an eye needle into the sweet corn as described for earrings. Now the pendant is ready to be baked.
5. Bake your sweet corn creations according to the package. I baked mine for about 10 minutes at 275F, which worked well.
6 (Optional) After the sweet corn kernels have cooled, you can spray them with acrylic sealer to make them shiny and fuller looking. It may take a few hours for them to dry completely.
The above suggestions are just a few ideas of how you could use these beautiful clay candies. Take a minute to think of other fun and creative ways you could use these little decorations. With clothes or a costume? On a play table for a party? Maybe on a pillow? There are so many possibilities for these little cups of sugar.
These Halloween Decor Tree’s are so EASY and Budget-friendly! This project cost $5 and it made 5 Decorative Halloween Trees! Everything you need for this project you can pick up at the Dollar Tree!
5022 West Ave. N. Suite 102 #187
Palmdale, Ca., 93551
Glue Gun Holder
Favorite item of the week
Favorite Find 2
Follow me on
Spooky Ride by Twin Musicom is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)